Healthy Glazed Nuts
This glazed nuts recipe is something I make for our household as a guilt-free snack. It’s healthy, delicious and the perfect gift to give out to friends. It’s naturally sweetened with maple syrup with a hint of brandy to spice things up. You can substitute any nuts you wish. In our household, I like to keep all nuts equal, but we do have arguments such as; “Are you selectively picking out just the pecans!”…
Enjoy healthy snacking!
- 1 cup Raw pecans *
- 1 cup Raw cashews *
- 1 cup Raw almonds *
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp Brandy or Bourbon (Replace with water if you don't have alcohol available).
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Flax Egg (1 Grounded flax seed with 2 tbsp water- let sit for 2 min until it gels)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Dash Ground black pepper
- Prepare the flax egg and set aside.
- Mix the brandy, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, pepper and whisk well.
- Add the flax egg and whisk until smooth.
- Add the nuts to the bowl and toss well to combine. Let sit for 5 minutes until flavors combine.
- Place and spread the nut mix on a baking sheet with space between them.
- Bake for 15 at 150°C or 200°F. Then carefully stir well and place it for another 10. °
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack for 30 before serving.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to two weeks or in the refrigerator for up to 3 months. Add InstructionAdd Instruction Group