Home-Made Vegan Ice Cream
I scream for nice-cream!
The bad news is that quarantine in some parts of the world are still stressful; the good news is that its SUMMER and we can eat ice-cream every day! Yes, every day. Why not? When we make it with the right nourishing ingredients, then we know we are replenishing our bodies and not causing it internal stress.
Healthy ice cream is hard to find. In most cases, even ‘healthy’ store-bought is filled with sugar.
My summer solution is vegan and gluten-free home-made nice-cream.
This recipe is super easy and healthy that I’m regularly making at home these days. This recipe calls for cherries as I’ve received a box-fresh from the farm, but feel free to substitute. I love cherries as they are anti-inflammatory superfoods loaded with antioxidants, and therefore support healthy aging and good bone health. If that’s not enough, I’ll share a secret– they are naturally rich with melatonin (your sleep hormone).
You can make this with any berry or fruit in season. For plain coconut ice cream, drop the fruit and before serving garnish with the desired topping(s)-simplicity at best!
Home-made Vegan Ice Cream
- Ice Cream Maker
- 2 cups Cherries * (remove the pits)
- 400ml Can Coconut Cream **
- 4 pcs Dates, use honey as a substitute (remove the pits)
- Blend the coconut cream and the dates until smooth.
- Taste for sweetness (add one or two dates is needed).
- Add half the cherries and pulse briefly.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and add the rest of the cherries. Make according to instructions, ~20-25 minutes. ***
- Optional to soak the cherries in rum for 30 minutes for a boozy treat!