Gluten Free Vegan Gooey Brownies
The last brownies you’re ever going to make. They are guilt-free with wholesome healthy ingredients. I’ve made notes that can convert this recipe easily into Paleo. This recipe is also low in sugar and can be modified with added syrup in case you need it sweeter. Just try the batter before placing it into the oven and add more sugar in case my low sugar version isn’t indulging enough.
This one is a keeper!
Best Gluten Free Vegan Gooey Brownies
Grain Free, gluten Free, low sugar gooey brownies. For Paleo options please see the comment bellow. A perfect snack for parties or to enjoy with a hot drink.
Servings: 16 Brownies
- ⅔ Cup Tapioca Flour
- ⅔ Cup Almond Flour (Not almond meal)
- ½ Cup Cacao Powder
- ½ Cup Organic Cane Sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (For Paleo substitute baking soda).
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Flax Seed Meal (Mix 2 tbsp of flax meal with 2 tbsp water- This is not a mistake, it's 2 tbsp! Let it gel for a few minutes).
- ½ Cup Grape Seed Oil (Substitute for Coconut Oil, or Olive Oil)
- 4 tbsp Almond Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Dark Chocolate Chips (Optional).
- ¼ Cup Pecans, Hazelnuts or Almonds (Optional).
- Prepare and combine the flax meal with water and set aside to gel.
- Sift into a bowl all dry ingredients (except for the flax meal). Mix well and stir.
- Mix all wet ingredients together including the almond butter and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients and wet ingredients slowly until it is well combined. Add the flax meal gel.
- Add your chosen topings. (You can fold into the batter the nuts and chocolate chips, or decorate on top of the batter after placing the batter in a baking pan).
- Place batter in a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes in 350°F (180°C).
- Let it cool for an hour before serving.
For Paleo recipe- Substitute Baking Powder for Baking Soda & Substitute Flax meal for 2 eggs. For a low sugar please substitute half of the amount of sugar with Lakanto Monk Fruit, or Erythritol, this will makes this recipe low glycemic. For a completely sugar free option instead of Sugar cane- Use Lakanto Monk Fruit or organic non-GMO Erythritol. Instead of Maple Syrup use Lakanto Maple Syrup. 9 Servings as shown in photo however, I usually cut them to smaller pieces and make it up to 16 Servings. Optional toppings ideas; Walnuts, Cranberries, Hazelnuts etc. Note- I buy all my ingredients certified gluten free and when possible organic.
I’ve made today the gluten free vegan gooey brownies, and they are absolutely the BEST brownie recipe ever.
Fast, simple and so delicious!
I followed the recipe to a tee and they are the best brownies I’ve ever tasted.
What I liked the most is that all the ingredients are WHOLESOME AND SO HEALTHY.
Thank you for using such healthy ingredients.
You are most welcome Sari! Thank you for taking the time to try this recipe. Stay tuned for more delicious recipes to come.