Dark Chocolate Bar Recipe
Healthy Dark Chocolate Cranberry Bars
Easy homemade chocolate bar. Grain-Free, gluten-free &Paleo. Could be modified into Keto.
Servings: 8 Barks/Bars
- 1 Cup Cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Cup Cacao butter
- 3 tbsp *Honey Add more if needed.
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract Or vanilla pod if available.
- 1 tbsp *Almond butter (Optional).
- 2 tbsp Dried cranberries (Optional).
- Dash of Sea Salt (Optional).
- 3 tbsp *Lakanto For Keto and diabetics, please use Lakanto (sugar substitute) instead of honey.
- In a double boiler, melt the cacao butter over medium heat (if no double boiler please use a tempered glass bowl over a small saucepan with hot water). Once Cacao butter has melted remove from the heat.
- Sift into a bowl the cacao powder. Mix well and stir.
- Mix in the vanilla extract (or scrape the inside of the vanilla pod).
- Stir in the honey and the almond butter smoothly. Taste the batter, add more honey if needed.
- Place chocolate batter in a baking pan lined with baking paper, or the desired chocolate mold.
- Add the dried cranberry on top. (or any other toppings you wish to use)
- Place in the freezer between 30 minutes to an hour to shape.
- Once the texture is set, break into desired size pieces.
- Store up to 2 weeks in an air-lock container preferably in the fridge.
For a Vegan recipe- Substitute honey for organic cane sugar, coconut sugar or maple syrup. For a low sugar recipe please substitute half of the amount of sugar with Lakanto Monk Fruit, or Erythritol, this will makes this recipe low glycemic. Keto- For a completely sugar free option instead of honey- Use Lakanto Monk Fruit or organic non-GMO Erythritol. Instead of Maple Syrup use Lakanto Maple Syrup. Almond butter is optional- If you like your chocolate dark and bitter, skip the almond butter. I like to add almond butter in my chocolate recipes to add a bit of a creamy texture. 9 Servings as shown in photo however, I usually cut them to smaller pieces and make it up to 16 Servings or small bites with my hot beverage. Optional toppings ideas: Walnuts, almonds, Hazelnuts etc. Optional warming topping for winter: Turmeric, Ginger and hot pepper. Optional valentine's toppings: Rose petals, mix dried fruits. Note- I buy all my cacao ingredients fair trade and organic.